Introductions

This blog is an attempt to chronicle my families quest to reach our American Goal. Along the way we will stumble, fall, and inevitably get back up again..there will never be an end, but perhaps we will get to a point where we can live the dream.

Who are we you ask...

Michelle: a mother, wife, daughter, and so much more. I have always been a mother that works out side of the home, I leave me children everyday with a nanny, not something that I am proud of, but it has shaped who i have become. I work in the Special Assets Department of a local bank foreclosing on builders every month, not exactly the uplifting job I had pictured myself doing but it pays the bills and surprisingly I am pretty good at it. I love the man i married, we have been together for close to 8 years now...ours was the story of a high school couple that drifted apart and ended up back together. My parents are a very important part of my life, I still seek their approval in everything I do, not the most healthy thing I know. I am a wannabe scrapbooker that is afraid to glue anything down, I am a avid collector of anyone elses collections (eBay helps with this), as for the rest of me....I'm still search for that...I might just find myself through this journey.

Brandon: a husband, father, son. Brandon is an amazing father, his children are the light of his life. The Lord is Brandon's rock, I have to remind myself that Brandon does not have all the answers, not a day goes by that Brandon does not seek the Lords guidance in all he does. Brandon has stepped up to the plate and helped my family every time they have asked, he truly is my Prince.

The Kids: Hunter is my oldest, he is a strong willed child that has a very sensitive side to him that never ceases to amaze me. Hunter is a great big brother, I am blown away at the ease with which he has taken on the roll of big brother. Noah is the middle child, I have done little research on birth order, but I doubt Noah will ever be "lost in the middle". This little boy has more fire in him than you would expect, he is adorable with his blond hair and bow legs...everything in his world revolves around him. Noah has taken on the roll of big brother really well, he shows a gentleness with the baby, this by no means that he is not willing to fight with his brother. Anabelle is the baby and only girl, god help her if she plans to be a tomboy. I have big plans for my little girl and they all include frills and ruffles. Anabelle was determined to be in her first pageant this year (6 month old can be very persuasive when it comes to asking to be in pageants). I have not yet decided who Anabelle is more like, but I am sure she will surprise me.

That's us in a nutshell..no pets (we are not too good with pets), no white picket fence, no half children. We are just a family trying to find our American Dream in a world where so many seem to have lost sight of what is truly important.

0 comments:

Post a Comment