Workin to make a day's pay...

Ok so i have to wonder if I am the only mom in the world who wakes my children up in the morning before I leave for work just so i can feel better about myself as a mother. I have a nanny (Rosie) who is amazing with my children, Rosie comes to the house in the morning so technically i could let my sweet children sleep in, but no not me, I wake them up with kisses and hugs so that I can know I was the first person they saw that morning....poor kids......

My job has some perks, I foreclose on Builders all day everyday, put my Real Estate Agents and Attorneys love me! Work can be the most stressful place in the world right now, there are so many builders losing everything and the tenants that I have to talk to daily are all looking at me like I am the bad guy. I have taken calls that end with someone calling me a "blood sucking bitch", I have received nasty emails from tenants telling me I was the reason that their family was going to have to move to another state, I have even received pies and cakes that had to be thrown away for fear of what they might have in them. Foreclosure is a nasty business.....

It always surprises me when you get to a point in your career that you realize you have stopped going to others and asking questions...they are now coming to you to ask you questions. I think that I have reached that point in my career and it is kind of nice. I find myself explaining things to others and having an out of body experience..here I am walking someone through how to handle a problem and I see myself going on and on I almost stop and say "wait, I have no clue what just came out of my mouth" but then I realize that no I do know what just came out and it is the right way to handle the situation. I love realization like this..I have succeeded where others have not. I am working one of the states largest banks out of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression...I have arrived!!

Foreclosure are still on the rise, prices are lower now than they have been in MANY years, but there is a small light at the end of all this - an auto correction is taking place and even though any of us are being affected this correction the hope is that our children will be able to first time home buyers years before most of us were. Gone will be the days when your first house cost upwards of $200,000.00 , prices will correct themselves and we will once again see houses that sell for $100,000.00. This correction will be a good thing in the end, we just have to ride it out and help those around us that get caught in the undertow.....

This too shall pass..............

3 comments:

Jae and Sierra said...

I LOVE it!!! I am SO glad you have a blog!!! I'm adding you to my list...I hope that is ok? Our blog is www.familybarclay.blogspot.com

Miss you!!!

Unknown said...

Don't ever feel guilty about waking those sweet babies in the morning, its so important that yours is the first face they see to start their day and that they know you will miss them throughout it! I wake mine at 6:30am before my nanny gets to my house at 7:00, so that I can snuggle on the couch for 30 min before I leave! I don't think I could carryone my day if I didn't!

Unknown said...

I'm most excited about your new blog too! I'm adding you to my list!

Post a Comment